Most dentistry looks like dentistry. Our goal is to provide dentistry that is undetectable.
WHY DO I NEED A CROWN?!?!
This is a very common question. There are four common reasons for a person to receive a crown. The purpose of the crown is to provide protection to the now fragile tooth underneath. This protection is due to the crown’s ability to favorably direct forces to the strongest part of the natural tooth.
- A tooth requires a crown when the damage of a tooth either due to decay or a break in the tooth is so severe that more than 50% of the natural tooth structure is missing.
- A tooth has had a root canal to treat an infection inside of the tooth. This tooth is now very fragile due to root canal procedure. The root canal procedure removed the blood supply and nerve tissue inside the tooth and has essentially hollowed out the tooth, making it prone to catastrophic failure. The crown will protect the tooth from this failure.
- A tooth is either not shaped correctly or maligned. A crown or crowns can address this problem and help give this person a beautiful smile.
- A tooth has a hairline fracture (craze line) that causes pain on chewing. The crown will help bypass this fracture line and give relief.
We are renowned for the quality of our work and the fantastic changes we make for people using this technology. These treatments are used for a long-lasting correction of major dental problems. It is usual for these treatments to last for 20 to 30 years, which is as close to permanent as dental treatment can get.
How long does it take to fit a dental crown? —ONLY 1 VISIT!!!
Fabricating a crown usually requires only a single visit. First the tooth is prepared to receive the crown. Second, the crown is designed and fabricated. Thirdly we apply the custom staining and glazing to give your crown the most natural appearance possible specific to you. Finally, we cement the crown into place and you have a new beautiful looking tooth.
Key Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Replaces missing teeth
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Looks completely natural
- Fixes “smile” and functional chewing problems
What are the capabilities of crowns?
Crown and bridgework is a very reliable solution for major dental problems caused through accidents, diseases or wear and tear. Major problems can usually be corrected using these techniques. Materials used in these repairs are either high-grade porcelain, or porcelain bonded to gold.